That's right, Saturday, March 10, 2012, the Bad Netflix crew is BACK! and we've got a night full of amazingness in store for you. Bad Movies, Stock piles of Booze, a back list of movie riffs, and Twitter. But, since we've been gone for a few months now, kicking back and enjoying our winter, we've decided to let you in on the fun. That's right, YOU get to help us pick the 3rd film for this marathon. To the right, you will find a pole, check it out and vote! The winner will be featured in the grand finale of Bad Netflix.
Here's what we've got in store for you:
The Barbarian twins are back in this buddy cop comedy of epic proportions. Roddy McDowall, James Doohan (Scotty of Star Trek if ya don't know), and David Carradine star. Directed by the guy that played Jambi the Genie in Pee Wee's Playhouse.
This alien ripoff is sure to excite! We read the title for one review and we could read no further. "Features cinema's best (and only) bag pipe seduction scene" The late great Bad Netflix favorite Charles Napier stars alongside Ron Glass (Shepherd of Firefly) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman from the 60's Batman). Directed by the guy that brought us Evil Toons and Alienator, the always amazing B Movie Madman: FRED OLEN RAY!
And now your turn to decide. Here's a brief description of each and a link to IMDb.
- Humanoids From the Deep - Roger Corman classic featuring half man/half fish dudes terrorizing a small town.
- Unmasking the Idol - the OTHER Duncan Jax movie (the first we watched during another Bad Netflix Night: The Order of the Black Eagle) A Ninja James Bond ripoff with a sidekick Baboon that knows karate.
- The Wasp Woman - the ORIGINAL 50's Wasp Woman. Synopsis: Woman...turns into a wasp.
- Alligator X - Made for SyFy awesomeness featuring a dinosaur Alligator ripping up Hillbillies.
- Gor - Synopsis courtesy IMDb: "American professor Tarl Cabot is transported via a magical ring to planet Gor, where he must help an oppressed country overthrow its evil king and his barbarian henchmen"
- Vicious Lips - written and directed by Albert Pyun. An all girl rock band from space needs to land a gig on the other side of the galaxy or their toast!
- Rumpelstiltskin - Ole Rumps is defeated in the olden days and then resurrected in the 90s. Hilarious hijinks ensue as he chases a woman and her baby.
- She - take everything great about post apocalyptic 80s movies and puts it in a blender. That is She.
- The Chaperone - This choice is per request from a fan, WWE's HHH family comedy.
- Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury - Only the greatest movie ever made...and never released. This movie pretends it was made in the 90s and was way too racist and awesome for audiences at the time. Now, the special edition has been released and you get to see it. Stars Kevin Sorbo and Danny Trejo.
What time should you tune in?
(all times PM)
Double Trouble - 90 minutes - begin 8:30e/7:30c/6:30m/5:30p
*15 minute break*
Deep Space - 86 minutes - begin 10:15e/9:15c/8:15m/7:15p
*15 minute break*
Reader's Choice - approx 90 minutes - begin 12:00(am)e/11:00c/10:00m/9:00p
Final thoughts: we would like to apologize for being away for so long. We hope to pick up some pace again and enjoy these awesomely bad movies together with you for many months to come! And as always, requests are welcome, feel free to email us or leave comments.
We hope to see you Saturday the 10th of March. I mean, come on.....BAGPIPE SEDUCTION!